Hello parents and students!
Just a reminder: the essay tonight does not have to be written in cursive.
We went over 5 reasons that people are arguing for keeping cursive in the classroom, and your job is to write a persuasive essay either for or against cursive. Here are the five reasons:
- You need to use cursive to sign receipts and to sign documents. Do you agree that is a good reason to keep cursive?
- Studies have shown that cursive makes you smarter. What do you think?
- Being able to read cursive means that you can read important historical documents. Do you think that is a good reason to learn cursive?
- Believe it or not, some people have disabilities that would make reading print hard for them. Do you think that is a good reason to learn cursive?
- People argue that cursive is nice to look at. What is your opinion?
Remember to write at least 1 1/2 double-spaced pages!
Here are the upcoming events and A-list words for this week:
Wednesday, January 24 – Career day (you may dress up or bring something that represents a career you’re interested in)
Thursday, January 25 – Math test on Chapter 6. Panda Express Fundraiser from 11:00 AM – 9:00 PM